This topic covers how to create a new dataset. After creating a dataset, add it to a test question. The values in a row from the dataset will be interjected into each variable within the question text. Each student is given a different, random row of values from the dataset in each question, allowing for repeat practice and variation across students.
1. Select Tests & Quizzes on the left sidebar.
2. Select the My Test Library tab.
3. Hover over the Item Banks button and select Dataset Bank from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the + New Dataset button at the top.
5. Enter the following information for your new Dataset:
- Title: Enter a title for your dataset.
- Subject: Select the appropriate subject area from the drop-down menu.
- Minimum/Maximum Grade Level: Select the desired minimum and maximum grade levels that apply to your dataset.
- Dataset: Edit or add variable names using the + on the top, enter variable values in the grid, add rows using the + on the bottom. If you have an existing dataset use the upload.csv link to upload a spreadsheet.
6. Select Tagging options… to reveal a menu of additional tags for your dataset.
7. Complete the tagging options for your dataset. Options include:
- Standards: Select Tag Standards to open the standards pop-up window.
- Student Populations: Check the box next to each appropriate student group.
- Language: Select a language from the drop-down menu.
- Keywords: Enter any keywords that you would like to associate with your dataset, ensuring that each keyword is separated by a comma.
- Taxonomies: Enter the appropriate number in the text box(es).
8. Select the green Submit button to save your dataset.
9. The newly created dataset will now appear in your dataset bank for you to utilize within test questions, or share with others.