Select text questions allow students to select words, phrases, or sentences as their response to a question. This topic covers how to create a Select Text question.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab to see your tests.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- To create a question, hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- Select Select Text from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Enter the question information:
- Question text: Enter your question here.
- Selection area text: Enter the body of text from which students will be selecting their response.
- Selection unit: Select Word, Sentence, Paragraph, or Custom, depending on the unit of text which you would like students to select.
- Selection choices: Highlight each individual selection that you would like students to choose from.
- Correct answers: Click on the correct response to the question. It will then be highlighted in green.
- Passages: Select + add passage to link a passage to the question.
- Select the desired Scoring type from the drop-down menu.
For more information on the available scoring options, please see the support article: Edit: Question Scoring Options
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Alternatively, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question, and immediately begin creating a new question.