Essay questions allow you to ask your students a question and have them respond with an essay. This topic covers how to create an Essay question.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down.
- On the Add Question page, select Essay from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question Text: Enter your question here.
- Text Limit: Enter the maximum amount of characters or words you would like your students to be able to use in their responses.
- Editor: Select the type of text editor you would like to provide to students while answering this essay question. Standard allows for both basic english and basic math options. Basic English allows for only text editing. Basic Math allows for only math editing.
- Media Allowed?: Select this option to allow students to embed images/videos in their essay response.
- Passages: Select +add passage to select a passage from the passage bank, or to create a new passage.
- Rubrics: Select +add rubric to select a rubric from the rubric bank, or to create a new rubric.
- Example Response: You can attach a file that contains a sample response to the question, if desired.
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth in the box.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.