As many of your schools wrap up for the year, we want to review the most frequently asked end-of-year questions regarding your Engrade school administrator account.
- What do I do with my classes at the end of the year?
- To save a hard copy of students' grades, you can generate an export file at the end of the year. Or, you may wish to instruct your teachers to export their individual class gradebooks on their own.
- Then, you can archive classes in bulk, which will place them into the Archived folder. Teachers and students/parents can still access these classes by selecting their Archive folders. You can also leave the classes active, but hide the grading period or specific marking periods from teachers and students. Hiding a grading period or marking period will make the classes within the grading period or marking period unaccessible to teachers/students.
- How do I remove students that have graduated or left my school?
- You will not want to remove students from your school, as this will remove all of their grades and other data. Instead, as you move into a new grading period you will be able to pick and choose which students you want to copy over from previous grading periods by using the Copy from another GP feature. If certain students will no longer attend the school in the upcoming year, do NOT copy them into the new GP. Their records will be preserved in past GPs.
- What do I do if a Teacher is leaving my school?
- You should Archive the teacher. Archiving a teacher disables their Engrade account, preventing them from logging into the site. Their classes and grades will remain with the school.
- What do I do if an Administrator is leaving my school?
- If former school administrators have left the school, drop their existing accounts to remove their access to the school.
- What should I do if I am the admin and I am leaving my school?
- You will want to ensure at least one other administrator exists at the school with full View and Edit permission levels before you are removed from the school.
- What do I do with my report cards at the end of the school year?
- The digital report cards will be preserved online within the Report Card app. Please see our Report Card page for more information.
- When should I set up next year’s classes?
- You can begin setting up your school for next year at anytime! Please see our Back to School page for more information on how to begin.
- Can I copy this year’s classes into next year?
- Yes, please see our Back to School page for more information.
- How do I add new students into my school for the upcoming year?
If you have further questions, check out our help articles for School Administrators.