This topic covers how to create a class.
- Click the Create New Class button at the top of your active class list.
- On the Create New Class page, enter the appropriate information for the new class into each box, including Class Name and Period of the Day.
- Select the appropriate options from the drop-down menus, including: School Year, Grading Period, Grade Level, Subject Area, student sort option (Sort Students), Name Order and Gradebook Configuration. You may also choose the desired student and parent communication options by checking the appropriate boxes.
- Once you have finished entering information on this page, click the green Next button.
- On the Grading Scale page, you can set up a custom grading scale for your class, or select one of the preset options.
For detailed instructions on setting up a grading scale, please see the support article: Set Grading Scale
- Below the grading scale, you can set up assignment categories. If you would like to set up assignment categories, select the Yes bubble next to Use assignment categories?
For detailed instructions on how to set up assignment categories, please see the support article: Set Assignment Categories
- Click the green Next button to create your class.