This topic describes how to create the Bucketing question type. Bucketing questions are similar to matching questions, in that the student can drag and drop their answers into the appropriate space or “bucket.” However, unlike matching questions, each answer can be cloned so that the student can select it an unlimited number of times.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- On the Add Question page, select Bucketing from the Question Type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question text: Enter your question here.
- Image options: Select the box next to Use images for buckets if you would like to use images as buckets. Select Use images for items if you would like to use images as items.
- Buckets & items: Enter the labels that you will use for each bucket and/or item.
- If you are using images for either buckets or items, you can upload the images by selecting Upload New File, or you can select a previously uploaded image from the drop-down menu.
- To add a new bucket, select + add bucket under Buckets.
- To add an item, select + add next to Items & quantities.
- In the blank field next to each item, enter the number of the item that you would like to count as correct per bucket.
- Scoring Type: Select a scoring type from the drop-down menu.
For more information on the available scoring options, please see the support article: Edit: Question Scoring Options
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Click on the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.