This topic covers how to create a new marking period.
- Select Marking Periods from the left sidebar to view marking periods for your
- On the Marking Periods page, you can view the marking period name, type, start and end date, grade level restrictions (if any) and visibility to teachers/administrators, students/parents and print reports.
- Click the Create Marking Period button to create a new marking period.
- In the pop-up window, ensure that you complete the following information for your new marking period:
- Type: Select Standard from the drop-down menu.
- Title: Enter the title for this marking period that you would like to appear on the Marking Periods page.
- Short Title: Enter the short title for this marking period that will appear on views and reports with thin columns.
- Grading Period: Select the grading period in which your marking period should exist.
- Start Date: Enter the start date of your marking period.
- End Date: Enter the end date of your marking period.
- View in Gradebook?: Check this box if you want teachers/administrators to be able to view this marking period in class Gradebooks.
- Show Students?: Check this box if you want students/parents to be able to view this marking period in their accounts.
- View in Reports?: Check this box if you want this marking period to be available in Print Reports.
- Restrict to certain grade levels: Check this box if you would like to marking period to only be available to specific grade level classes. Once checked, you will need to select the minimum and maximum grade levels from the drop-down menus.
- Click the green Create Marking Period button to create your new marking period.