This topic describes how to create a Matching question. Matching questions allow you to ask your students a question and provide them with items to match together. Students can either match text to text, or text to images.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- On the Add Question page, select Matching from the Question type drop-down.
- Complete the question information:
- Question Text: Enter your question here.
- Match Images: Check this box if you would like to use images as your answer choices.
- Matching Items: Enter the text/phrase relationships that you would like students to match.
- Select the [+] icon to the right of each Matches to item to add multiple correct responses.
- Distractors: Enter any incorrect responses that you would like to mix in with correct responses.
- Passages: Select + add passage to add a passage to the question.
- Scoring Type: Select the desired scoring type from the drop-down menu.
For more information on the available scoring options, please see the support article: Edit: Question Scoring Options
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth into the field.
- If you selected the Match Images checkbox, you can either select already uploaded images, or upload new images to your question.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.