This topic describes how to create the Short Answer question type. Short Answer questions allow you to ask your students a question and have them respond with a short answer.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- On the Add Question page, select Short Answer from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question Text: Enter your question here.
- Text Limit: Choose the bubble icon next to either Characters or Words, and then enter the maximum amount you would like your students to be able to use in their responses.
- Passages: Select +add passage to add a passage to your question, if desired.
- Example Response: You can attach a file containing a sample response to the question, if desired.
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth in the field.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.