This topic covers how to create an equation entry question. Equation entry questions provide students with an advanced math editor so they can enter math equations and symbols in their response.
- Select Test & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- Select Equation Entry from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question text: Enter the text of your question here.
- Scoring option: Select Auto-Score to have Engrade automatically score the question, or select Manually Review if you wish to manually score student responses.
- Editor option: Select a Basic Math editor or Full Math editor. This is the tool that students will use to enter their answer.
- Answer: Enter the correct answer to the question. The hand icon in the Answer field can be used to access a WIRIS “handwriting” feature in which users can select a button within the WIRIS palette to use their mouse, or if they are on a touchscreen, finger or stylus, to draw a response.
- Passages: Select + add passage to add a passage to the question.
- Dataset: Select + add dataset to add a dataset to the question.
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth in the box.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New button to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.