This topic describes how to create the Grid-In question type. Grid-In questions are similar to Cloze questions. For each double underscore that is input into the question field, a drop-down appears in the ‘answer choices’ section. For each answer choice, you are able to select Numeric, Decimal or Alpha drop-down choices. When a student is answering a grid-in question, they will select an answer choice from the provided drop-down field(s).
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the name of the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down.
- On the Add Question page, select Grid-In from the Question Type drop-down.
- Enter your question in the Question text field, and use two underscores (__) to indicate selections.
- Select Numeric, Decimal, or Alpha in the Grid Type section.
- Next to Correct answer(s), choose the correct numeral, decimal, or letter for each selection.
- Next to Passages, select +add passage to add a passage to your question, if desired.
- Enter the number of points the question is worth in the Points field.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Click Show tagging options to display additional options.
For more information on question tags, please see the support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.