Number line questions allow students to plot points on to a number line. This topic covers how to create a number line question.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- On the Add Question page, select Number Line from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question Text: Enter your question here.
- Line Settings: Enter a Min and Max value for your number line. Next to Tick Interval, enter the value that separates each tick on the number line. Next to Label Interval, enter the value that separates each numeric label on the number line.
- Correct Answer: Plot the correct answer to your question on the number line. If you need to undo your last action, you can select the Undo icon. To clear your entire answer and start over, select the Clear icon.
- Passages: Select +add passage to add a passage to your question, if desired.
- Points: Enter the number of points the question is worth in the box.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.