The choice matrix item type allows you to construct a table with radio buttons from which students can select several responses. This topic covers how to create a choice matrix question.
- Select Tests & Quizzes from the left sidebar.
- Select the My Test Library tab.
- Select the test to which you would like to add a question.
- Hover over the Add New button, and select Question from the drop-down menu.
- On the Add Question page, select Choice Matrix from the Question type drop-down menu.
- Complete the question information:
- Question text: Enter your question here.
- Answer options: Select Allow multiple responses per row to allow students to select multiple answer options in a single row of the matrix.
- Matrix: Select the number of Rows (Prompts) and Options (Columns) you would like your matrix to have. You can select up to 10 rows and up to 5 columns.
- Answer Choices: Mark the correct answers within the matrix.
- Passages: Select +add passage to add a passage to your question, if desired.
- Select the desired Scoring Type from the drop-down menu.
For more information on the available scoring options, please see the support article: Edit: Question Scoring Options
- Enter the number of Points the question is worth.
- You can also choose to add tags to your questions for easier searching in the test library and question bank. Select Show tagging options to add tags to your question.
For more information on question tags, please see this support article: Edit: Question Tags
- Select the grey Preview Question button to gain a view of the question from a student’s perspective.
- Select the green Save Question button to save your question.
- Or, select the green Save & Create New to save your question to the test, and immediately begin creating a new question.